Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Be a Maya Foundation In Laakeech Volunteer

We invite viewers to support our non-profit volunteer work for the Maya Foundation In Laakeech, come and share your job related skills, such as computer basic use, handyman skills or manual crafts that may help Mayan families have economic alternatives to support their families. Doctors, nurses, teachers, retired couples and regular students have join in our volunteer program dedicated to help the Mayan communities nearby Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico. Hacienda Chichen Resort sponsors the exchange volunteer program by donating free rooming to our abroad volunteers, so contact us via email to: info@yucatanadventure.com.mx if you wish to learn more about the ways you can help us help!
.......
Please visit our Volunteer Magazine and Eco-Cultural travel Guide: http://www.yucatanadventure.com.mx/
****
Fundación Maya In Láakéech A.C., asociación civil no lucrativa dedicada al bienestar social de las comunidades mayas cercanas a Chichen Itza, Yucatán, México, le invita a colaborar. Compartimos nuestros esfuerzos con empresas comprometidas al turismo sustentable y la promoción de los valores culturales mayas, su lengua, arte, medicina tradicional, cocina, rituales, ceremonias y cosmovisión. Si desea donar su tiempo, o apoyar enseñando algún oficio práctico que beneficie la economía de las familias mayas, favor de comunicarse con nosotros vía email a: info@yucatanadventure.com.mx

Nos dará mucho gusto que visite nuestro Magazine y guía turística http://www.yucatanadventure.com.mx/ donde encontrara articulos sobre la cultura maya y de interés eco-culturales.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was both honoured and pleased to be the first Volunteer ESL Teacher with the Maya Foundation In Laakeech this past June at Hacienda Chichen. Upon arrival I was awed by the stunning beauty of the grounds and was happy to learn firsthand how well managed the land was by people who truly care for the environment.

My students, although shy at first, were very eager to learn. Not only were they a pleasure to teach but they helped me practice my Spanish and taught me a few Mayan words and phrases in return. The entire staff at Hacienda Chichen was extremely welcoming and kind and I was made to feel like part of a special extended family. Belisa was so delightful and funny and I can't help but smile and giggle to myself every time I think of her hilarious stories and contagious laughter. I was left with beautiful memories and stories of my own to share back home.

I am so grateful to Dona Beatriz and Dona Venancia for sharing their knowledge of Mayan medicine with me. Learning about the local medicinal plants and the traditional Mayan therapies from more than just books was such a gift and I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity. I was inspired and encouraged to continue my studies and to deepen and expand my own holistic training and practice.

I can't wait to return to my new family and friends and to learn about the exciting new developments the foundation is creating. I hope many more people will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity and become a volunteer with the Maya Foundation In Laakeech which helps make a difference in the lives of so many, including my own.

Much love and many blessings to all!

In Lakeech
Daniela Masaro

frank said...

I appreciate the labor you have put in developing this blog. Nice and informative.